Did someone say chocolate? You bet! In honor of “Chocolate Covered Everything Day” and the end of the work week, I am sharing my five favorite foods to cover in chocolate RIGHT NOW.
This is my favorite sweet and somewhat healthy snack to have throughout the week (if it makes it a week).
Here’s how I make mine:
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Air pop the popcorn and mix in a large bowl with the butter. Lightly salt and mix again
- On a large cookie sheet, spread popcorn out evenly
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute and stir. Keep heating for 30 seconds increments until chocolate is completely melted
- Carefully drizzle chocolate over popcorn
- Put in the freezer until chocolate is hard (about 10 minutes)
- Place chocolate covered popcorn in a food storage bag and shake it up to break it apart
We all know chocolate covered strawberries are a thing, but mix it up today with raspberries or bananas. If you want to get really fancy, put peanut butter in between two slices of banana, lightly coat with cinnamon, and cover in chocolate (use dark chocolate to make it healthier), and let cool.
You could whip up a batch of your own or cheat and use a tub of cookie dough. I prefer homemade chocolate chip cookies. Either way, it definitely makes cookies even better to devour. Just dip the cookies in chocolate and let cool.
Ya know, if you want to keep it healthy and not totally cheat. It’s also easy because all you have to do is buy the peanuts, melt the chocolate, dip the peanuts in the chocolate, and let set until hard.
Rice Krispie Treats
Whip up a batch of Rice Krispie treats, let cool, cut into small pieces, cover in chocolate, and let cool. You made it through the week, so you deserve to treat yourself with something this good!
I’ll undoubtedly be enjoying these today, and I hope you do, too. And remember, Your Twenty-Something PR Girl is not a food blog (obviously since I didn’t stage my food entirely because I was too excited to eat it), I’m just a PR girl who loves food.
How are you celebrating “Chocolate Covered Everything Day”? Comment below and let me know!
Disclaimer: The owner of the photos pictured above do not endorse me in any way, and you can find the owner below each. Also, none of the photos used were altered in any way. All thoughts and opinions are my own.