Every year, I always have to buy a really fancy dress to bring in the New Year, but this year was different. This year, I got to wear a Nicholas dress gifted to me by Chrissy Teigen right before Christmas. If you don’t know how I obtained this dress exactly, check it out here. I know everyone wanted to see me in this dress or at least a selfie of me in it, but I was waiting for NYE to roll around so that I could get all dolled up.
For my NYE makeup, you will find a list of the products below that I wore to make my makeup even more special than usual.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser (you know because 23 is so old)
- Too Faced Primed Poreless Skin Soothing Press Powder
- Too Faced Sweetheart Bronzer and Perfect Flush Blush
- Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Power Duo (Rosy Glow)
- The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Palette 06 (it’s my favorite eyeshadow)
- Tarte Maneater Mascara
- NYX Vinyl Liquid Eyeliner
- I mixed Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout Remarquable and ColorPop Ulta Matte Lip in More Better (it created a burgundy color without being too red, too purple or too dark)
- Elf gold glitter eyeliner
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
Of course, the Nicholas dress was worn (as promised). I paired it with my favorite earrings from this little boutique in Downtown Syracuse, NY, and a pair of my favorite Vince Camuto heels. Other accessories included two Pandora rings and a ring my boyfriend got me for my 21st birthday (not an engagement ring). The dress fit like a glove and I was feeling really good about myself. I am definitely happy I make the conscious decision to eat better and workout just about every day because I felt very confident all night.
My Night Out
I wore the dress out for a late dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, LOUIES. After filling up on garlic knots, pizza and cannolis (such a great cheat meal), we went to The Cellar so I could enjoy my favorite drinks: Mint Chocolate Chip & Lavender Orchid, and watch a football game.
When the Clock Stroked Midnight
I was watching Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2017 waiting to for the ball to drop at home. I luckily had my New Year’s kiss from the same guy for the past three years when the ball dropped (we actually counted down this year instead of struggling to stay awake).
In honor of New Year’s and this beautiful Nicholas dress, I am inspired to put together a PR campaign that involves giving away dresses/donating dresses. I am still brainstorming, but hope to have an announcement and hashtag soon. Make sure you are following me on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to my blog below, to be the first to know when the campaign launches.
Overall, it was a great NYE and I am very excited for 2017. I can’t wait to see what exciting events 2017 has in store.